prefers_magneto: (magneto helmet away)
prefers_magneto ([personal profile] prefers_magneto) wrote in [community profile] themutanthood2019-06-19 08:01 am
NSFW

Another Way (for incorporealpryde)

[In a reality where Erik and Charles left the beach together and returned to Westchester to start the school, Erik helps Charles run the school and occasionally teaches. Charles is a little worried about him unsupervised at the front of a classroom. His views on mutant/human relations have hardly been tempered by time.

If only the humans would stop making him right.]


Erik strode through the halls of the school with a newspaper clutched in his hand. The human government was reintroducing the Inhibitor Collar, for use in prisons.

That was a slippery slope he had no intent of allowing. But seeing as he'd only just heard about it, he was mostly just fuming his way towards the kitchen for a morning cup of coffee to go with his rage.
incorporealpryde: (Paying Attention)

[personal profile] incorporealpryde 2019-06-20 11:02 am (UTC)(link)
Kitty hadn't been at the school for long and she wasn't 100% sure she wanted to stay -mostly because she missed her parents. For now, she was making do and finding ways to entertain herself between classes.

Currently, she was in the kitchen cooking a breakfast she was certain most people would probably avoid because she was apparently a terrible cook for all that she enjoyed it.

The door doesn't exactly slam open but the person who enters makes his present known immediately.

"Morning." A beat. "Are you okay?"
incorporealpryde: (Bashful)

[personal profile] incorporealpryde 2019-06-23 12:14 am (UTC)(link)
There's three separate things going on the stove, the bacon cooked alone in a lone pan to keep it away from anything she plans to eat and honestly, she's bitten off far more than she can chew and is struggling to keep up with it, especially when she lets herself get distracted by the article on the front of the paper.

It's only when he asks about it that she remembers.

"Oh, shit!" She turns off the stove but it's too late. The bacon is burned and the eggs are stuck to the bottom of the pan. "I was... trying to make breakfast."
incorporealpryde: (Bashful)

[personal profile] incorporealpryde 2019-06-30 02:51 am (UTC)(link)
The bacon is a black pile and the eggs are so stuck that she's fairly certain it'll need to soak for a week before they can get it clean.

So at the offer of going out is appealing.

"I'd like it to go on record that I've never even attempted to cook bacon before and so that's not my fault." She heads to the door. "Where are we going?"
incorporealpryde: (Well Uh)

[personal profile] incorporealpryde 2019-07-03 10:34 am (UTC)(link)
It doesn't take long for Kitty to find her coat and slip into some comfier shoes and she meets Erik at the door.

"Should we let anyone else know or is it just us?"
incorporealpryde: (Nervous Smile)

[personal profile] incorporealpryde 2019-07-14 01:11 pm (UTC)(link)
"I didn't think we needed supervision. I just meant to... invite others." Because it was the polite thing to do after all. Oh well.

It's easy to relax into her seat and she turns just enough that she's facing him. "They're... different. Some of them. The basic classes are the same but then the others are just... so different and I'm reminded that this isn't an ordinary school."
incorporealpryde: (Default)

[personal profile] incorporealpryde 2019-08-05 01:41 am (UTC)(link)
"There's more understanding. Like, we're all different but that's what makes us get each other more." She offers a smile. "Also, the whole boarding school aspect. We're just... always around one another. There's so many people. It's crazy."
incorporealpryde: (Admiring)

[personal profile] incorporealpryde 2019-09-08 12:09 pm (UTC)(link)
"I knew but I'd never met them. My friends... They didn't understand, even though they tried. They were scared, of what I could be. What I could become." She offers a loose shrug. "I think so. Sometimes it's just... a lot. When I was at home, at home it was just my parents and I. There's a lot to adjust to at the school."
incorporealpryde: (Taking A Break)

[personal profile] incorporealpryde 2019-09-10 08:58 am (UTC)(link)
"No. They're human. But they still love me." She let's out a sigh. "I know I'm one of the lucky ones. My parents believe that if I'm different, it's because God wanted me to be."
incorporealpryde: (Paying Attention)

[personal profile] incorporealpryde 2019-09-10 11:58 am (UTC)(link)
"They wanted what was best for me." And staying in a human school, with the fear that surrounded mutants. But they hadn't been the happiest with her choice. "This is what makes me happy."