prefers_magneto: (magneto incognito)
prefers_magneto ([personal profile] prefers_magneto) wrote in [community profile] themutanthood2018-10-14 05:15 pm
NSFW

We Need To Talk for iwillcatchup

The bar Erik directed him to was run down and in an industrial part of the city. Despite it being the kind of place where nobody sees anything, Erik still had his hat pulled low to shade his face in the already dimly lit room. He kept an eye on the door and the other on the other people in the place.
iwillcatchup: (give me a second)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-10-14 09:52 pm (UTC)(link)
It did not take long for Peter to run to Baltimore. He skidded to a stop just outside of the bar, his thoughts still going a mile-a-minute.

He pressed the stop button on his walkman, and removed the ear buds and goggles, before heading into the bar itself. He took a second to check out his surroundings, catching more about the place in one second than it takes most people to do in a few minutes.

It was not that hard to spot Erik. Peter huffed a little under his breath. And then headed over to where the other mutant sat.

"Can I buy you a drink?"
iwillcatchup: (long silver hair)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-10-14 10:26 pm (UTC)(link)
"Least I can do..." Peter chuckled. He ordered two beers. And felt a slight moment of relief when he wasn't asked for ID this time.

"Thanks for agreeing to speak in person."
iwillcatchup: (don't think so)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-10-15 03:06 am (UTC)(link)
"My mind has a lot to inquire about." Peter warned him. And sipped at his beer for a moment. Sorting out the chatter in his head.

"Tell me a little bit about how you want to make a difference."
iwillcatchup: (tilt of the head)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-10-15 01:55 pm (UTC)(link)
"Never been on one of those myself..." Peter refers to being on a job interview.

"I never cared about who saw me using my abilities. But then again... when you can move as fast as I can, most of the time they don't see you anyway."

"But I get it. It wasn't until Charles and Logan came knocking on my door, and told me that I could actually do something, that I felt different. That I didn't have to be hiding in the basement of some foster home."
iwillcatchup: (grey hair is retro)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-10-16 02:54 pm (UTC)(link)
"They thought I didn't need to be involved in the other part of their mission." Peter shrugs. Of course, he had seen TV reports about what happened, but can only speculate since he was not there in person.
iwillcatchup: (long silver hair)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-10-20 06:02 pm (UTC)(link)
"Definitely."

"I want to find a direction for myself."
iwillcatchup: (get a haircut)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-10-21 05:59 pm (UTC)(link)
"Protecting mutants is important. I have a sister out there somewhere... who needs protecting. I have family who I want to know."

Peter runs a hand through his silver hair. "I am a little tired of being lied to, just because they are scared of me."
iwillcatchup: (give me a second)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-10-22 02:53 pm (UTC)(link)
"I have spent most of my time growing up in Foster Homes. I was being lied to the entire time." Peter frowns, and drowns his sorrows in a little more beer.

"My sister and I were separated, because apparently taking care of two mutants was too much for some."

"And all this time, Marya knew who our dad was. Never told us."
iwillcatchup: (sure i can take lead)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-10-22 03:16 pm (UTC)(link)
"I think I have. And I do want to get in touch with him."

Peter stares down at his beer for a moment. So many different scenarios play out in his head. And he needs the time to quiet down the mile-a-minute thoughts.

"I really do not know if it is another lie or not. But after you appeared on TV... Marya recognized you. Told me that you were our father."
iwillcatchup: (don't think so)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-10-28 04:06 pm (UTC)(link)
Peter's face is pretty serious right now. This information changed his world. And the quest to learn if it was the truth or not has consumed him.

"Her name was Magda." He answered softly.
iwillcatchup: (don't give a damn)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-10-28 04:20 pm (UTC)(link)
Peter frowns into his beer. He won't ever understand his birth mother's reasons for doing that.

"She died when we were pretty young. Wanda and I." Peter wishes he knew where his sister was right now. Wishes he could help her.

"And once our powers started to show... we were separated."
iwillcatchup: (tilt of the head)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-10-28 04:32 pm (UTC)(link)
"She is locked up right now." Peter hisses through his teeth. He has to move his hands off the beer glass, they are shaking so much. He doesn't want to vibrate it into breaking.

"Her powers... scare others." He would have been locked up too, if he wasn't so fast that they never caught him.
iwillcatchup: (sure i can take lead)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-10-28 05:31 pm (UTC)(link)
"They just moved her. But it won't take me long to find her again." Having sonic speed helps. There is also this unspoken connection between him and Wanda. It is like playing 'Hot-and-Cold', all by himself.
iwillcatchup: (just so cool)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-11-04 05:30 pm (UTC)(link)
Peter relaxes for the first time in a long time. Just knowing that Erik wants to help free his sister is a relief. And in a way, it validates the fact that the man sitting on the other side of the table is his father.

"Thank you." The two words don't seem enough.

"You don't know what this means to me."
iwillcatchup: (up to trouble)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-11-06 07:38 pm (UTC)(link)
Peter nods. Hopefully they can help Wanda. And then spend some quality family time together.

"They are using one of those dampening collars."
iwillcatchup: (quicker then the eye)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-11-15 03:10 am (UTC)(link)
Peter frowns in his beer. "She is the first one to be experimented on... with the fucking collar."

"And when they came for me... I ran..." He shakes again. "I just need to get her out. Make sure she is not fucked up."
iwillcatchup: (meet you there)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-12-02 12:03 am (UTC)(link)
Peter touches his neck in reflex at that statement. And nods.

"I am glad I was able to talk to you." He nods. Erik will take action. And Wanda will find her freedom.

And maybe, Peter will have his family back.
iwillcatchup: (suave speedster)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-12-02 12:24 am (UTC)(link)
The first statement was expected. The second makes Peter smile. He needs to hear that. More than anything.

He reaches across the table to touch Erik's hand lightly. "Thanks."
iwillcatchup: (tilt of the head)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-12-02 12:37 am (UTC)(link)
"No. I don't." He can't return to the foster home. Not after learning everything he did. Not with Wanda out there... somewhere.
iwillcatchup: (just so cool)

[personal profile] iwillcatchup 2018-12-02 12:41 am (UTC)(link)
"Really? That would be great."

He could truly be himself, by traveling with Erik. Learn how to harness his power better. And become stronger.