adjusting to darkness...[Open to all]
Betsy was struggling with her sudden blindness. She still didn't know the exact reason behind it, but she knew that it frightened her. She now had to rely on her hearing and touch to move around. The things that were so basic and natural, were now so foreign to her.
"Where are those damn shoes?" She muttered to herself as she fumbled around the floor. After a few moments, she got to her feet, frustrated, and felt for the door instead. She decided she would go get some fresh air, if she could find her way out. She fumbled with the door handle, and unsteadily made her way to the railing of the stairs.
"Damn...damn it..." She stubbed her toe on the railing and stumbled down a few steps, her hands gripping the rail to catch herself.
no subject
"What are you doing?"
no subject
"Eric? I just wanted to get some air..."
no subject
no subject
"I'm starting to fear the basic things I used to be able to do."
no subject
They reached the bottom of the stairs.
"You're a telepath. Use your second sight to see."
no subject
"Erik, everyone knows I don't have the word patience in my vocabulary." She added lightly, before frowning at his suggestion.
"I'm still learning about my telepathy...I don't want to put my trust in it, in case it fails. I feel like I can't trust any part of myself."
no subject
no subject
"I'll work on it, Erik. Just need to adjust I guess." She shifted a little closer to him.
"I just need to get out, for a little while."
no subject
He led her towards the front doors.
"You'll need a coat."
no subject
She held onto him tight as he took her to the doors.
"I couldn't find any other clothes..too many surfaces and everything feels so foreign."
no subject
no subject
"Thanks, Erik."
no subject
He steered her outside.
no subject
"I'm sorry...just grateful for what you do for me.."
no subject
no subject
"How is the training going? Getting anywhere?" She asked and took in a deep breath. She had been so out of it lately, she had no idea what was going on in the mansion.
no subject
He shrugged and tucked her hand into the crook of his elbow so he could slide his hands into his pockets for warmth.
"It's going about as expected."
no subject
"Maybe the lack of manners and attitude needs a different approach. Maybe she just needs a good talk with another female or something." She dipped her head a little as they walked, lost in thought for a moment.
no subject
no subject
"Erik, would you mind telling me what time it is now?"
no subject
Even with their project going on in the sublevels.
no subject
"I'll speak with Charles, when he's free next." She smiled softly. "Tell me Erik, what do you see? Is it a nice day?"
no subject
He glanced around.
"I don't know that we can keep such thick winter up for much longer without arousing suspicion beyond Stryker."
no subject
"Do we need it to be thick winter to stay safe?"